Corporate Chief Accountant
We are currently looking for a Chief Accountant to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting files including consolidation, for respecting accounting procedures and standards, and will be involved with our external auditors for the of end of year file. He/She will be responsible for supervising the execution and organization of the accountants and clerks workload and acts as an advisor to the department and entities regarding the improvement of accounting procedures, internal control and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
As part of your duties, you will be called upon to:
- Prepare consolidated financial statements of UAP inc. monthly, as well as accounting analyses.
- Be the main contact between the GPC parent company and the UAP’s Accounting Team.
- Organize and direct the preparation of financial statements of head-office departments.
- Perform certain accounting tasks and special mandates for head-office and other entities.
- Supervise the work and train employees of head-office Accounting and Treasury.
- Support head-office departments in terms of accounting analysis, budget and internal control.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of head-office budgets.
- Participate in the preparation of consolidated budget reports.
- Support the assistant corporate controller in the execution of the external audit and the internal audit.
- Ensure compliance in the application of key controls for the cash cycle.
- Ensure that accounting standards and policies are understood and followed by all of our accounting staff.
To join our team, you must, among other things:
- Bachelor’s in business administration (BBA), accounting option, accounting title.
- Have 5 years of experience in an accounting position, comfortable in accounting theory, consolidation.
- Knowledge of internal control, an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and report generators.
- As part of your duties, you will have to collaborate regularly with co-workers based across Canada.
About the division
Our head office is full of opportunities for professionals from a variety of sectors: information technology, human resources, accounting, sales and marketing, and distribution. If you would like to support our operational teams, take part in mapping the company’s course, or have an impact on the company’s future, a job at our head office or one of our regional offices is perfect for you!