West Lorne, Ontario
The Operations Manager is jointly accountable with Sales Managers for achieving Region targets re: Gross margins, inventory levels, FTE, customer service levels, as well as for Corporate Stores’ compliance with UAP operations standards and procedures. He coordinates the implementation of strategies and tools for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Corporate Stores Operations, manages adherence to Asset Management Program, Corporate Store Buyer and Price Profiles to support sales and gross margin targets, and support the General Operations Manager with budgeting, performance monitoring and reporting functions.
More specifically, the person will :
- Work with UAP HO, Sales Managers and Store Managers to develop, adapt and deploy strategies and tools for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Corporate Stores Operations and service level to customers. Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and followed up by conducting store audits and by providing training tools and other support to Sales and Store Managers;
- Manage utilization of Price Profiles at the Region level. Monitor and recommend action plans to resolve gross profit, A/R and inventory issues. Analyze and adjust NL purchases ;
- Produce and analyze reports re: stores/ districts / regional operations performance and recommend action plans. Process administrative paperwork (P&L review, weekly reports, etc.) to support General Operations Manager. Work with General Operations Manager, Sales Managers and Store Managers to define and review operational priorities, improvement opportunities and develop action plans. Support Sales Managers and Store Managers in preparing business cases for investments at store level. Support Corporate Stores budgeting process ;
- Recruit, motivate and develop corporate store management team under their responsibility in order to achieve objectives.
- Ensure effective communication with all personnel
- Participate in Regional management meetings and participate in special projects.
To join our team, you need:
Bachelors Degree in Management + 5 years store operations management experience, experience in pricing, understanding financial statements and budgeting; computer literate beyond MS Office; experience in automotive Aftermarket an asset.
Results driven, ability to adapt to emergency and/or unexpected situations, to control his emotions, sense of achievement, solid conflict management and listening skills, assertiveness, persuasiveness, political acumen, planning and organizational skills, customer oriented, quality decision making, problem solving and process implementation skills.
About the division
Our head office is full of opportunities for professionals from a variety of sectors: information technology, human resources, accounting, sales and marketing, and distribution. If you would like to support our operational teams, take part in mapping the company’s course, or have an impact on the company’s future, a job at our head office or one of our regional offices is perfect for you!